I was never the person who loved peanut butter. I didn’t eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich until I was 23 years old. But, in the last few months, I’ve gotten more into nut butters and these peanut butter balls are my latest addiction!
I love anything that’s bite size, filing, and delicious. These balls are full of all things good for you but they also taste like cookie dough, or a chocolate bar. I’m not quite sure. Either way, it’s tasty, and that’s what matters!
On top of all of those things, these are just so convenient. One of the things I find hardest, as a vegan, is traveling. I go back and forth to St. John’s from my current home (3 hours away) and, while there are places to eat in the city, eating out for every meal and snacks is a lot of money. I like to bring food with my whenever I travel and these are perfect for that. I pop a few into a mason jar or a container and they’re good to go.
1 cup of rolled oats
1/2 cup of coconut
5 tbsp ground flaxseed
2 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 cup of chopped nuts (I did pecans and walnuts, 1/4 cup each)
1/3 chopped pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup of maple syrup
1 tsp of vanilla
1 cup of peanut butter
1 bar of 70% dark chocolate melted
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add in maple syrup, vanilla and 1 cup of the peanut butter.
- Mix together well. (I use my hands because I find it easier to blend). Add extra peanut butter as needed so the balls stick together.
- Form into balls, the size is up to you.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Dip into melted chocolate and let set in the fridge for another hour.
Now, aren’t they just so tasty!?